View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 06:53 PM
ImTumbleweed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
I guess you would have figured out that since I don't know who it is, there is no way I could answer the question.

But, of course you are setting up a false dilemma. What you are arguing is that if this guy ever had even a shred of connection with ALPA, then ALPA is responsible for this hacking.

Tomorrow I will be driving to work. Let's say I am speeding on the highway and crash into a station wagon full of nuns and give them all whiplash. I am going to work at Delta, wearing my Delta uniform, in a car paid for by money made from Delta Air Lines.

Now, does Delta Air Lines, or Richard Anderson, or my Chief Pilot have anything to do with this accident? Please answer that yes or no.

Once again, I deny there was any hacking involved whatsoever, I saw the dump from the DNS entries and DPA or someone else screwed them up. It's not a big deal, but they should just own up to it and let the matter go. But in order to answer your question, we have to assume some hacking actually took place; so once again let's ride the crazy train.

It is immaterial if this guy had some connection to ALPA at some point in his life. Just because he ever did ALPA work does not mean ALPA sanctioned or would ever sanction this type of behavior. Since you have no case and there is no "scandal" you are trying to invent one out of thin air. The argument is that if this guy was ever connected with ALPA then ALPA is responsible.

This is a silly argument and one which normal people will see through in an instant. I can see how the DPA faithful will be rallied to chuck out some more money to their attorney, but everyone that thinks can understand that doing ALPA work does not make you an agent of ALPA for every private action you take. ALPA has a leadership structure and if ALPA ordered this action (which didn't take place) then ALPA is responsible. If this guy had some connection to ALPA and took action on his own free time then ALPA has no responsibility.

Once again, lacking ESP, I have no idea who this person is and I don't ever want to know. I simply don't understand how you can't grasp the fact that I don't know who this is so therefore I can't answer any questions about him. Is that plain enough for you? Yes or No.
Alpha,

Got it. "Yes" your answer is simple enough.

You do not know the identity of the person involved.

Thanks for your answer.

I do not hold a DPA card. I'm not advocating for DPA. But this issue has registered on my BS meter and DALPA's legalese comments aren't making the issue any clearer.

But thanks for your answer and we'll see where it goes.

I just really hope that the person who did it was not actively working for DALPA/ALPA in any capacity. That would cross an ethical line that should not have been crossed.