Thread: Mesa
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 10:27 PM
flapshalfspeed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Originally Posted by Jvw700 View Post
You guys will never get it! So long as JO can fill his classes there will never be any need to improve the terrible pay at the regional level! If pilots where only willing to work for the best paying airlines with the best contracts companies like RAH and Mesa would have to shut their doors or pay better! I get it though, it's easy to go to Mesa! Weren't you at RAH before? Your decision making skills are in question! BTW we don't care about your quick upgrade! We do care that these companies pull the ENTIRE airline industry down and that includes mainline, you guys would love the opportunity to fly bigger and bigger equipment for your current wages.... remember when regionals were only turbo prop? Before you know it 737's and A320's will be added to your certificate! When you guys get to mainline are you going to suddenly have a change of heart and fight to protect scope or are you going to continue to say it's out if your hands, that's managements decision? We have a longer upgrade because we were not willing to vote for more concessions to match the PSA's and MESA's of the world so at least we are trying to better the industry. I have NO problem with the LEGACY MESA guys either, they were dragged into this mess but mine and everyone else's problem is that people are just ignoring these facts to hopefully get a quick upgrade and the hell with everyone else!

Wahhhhhh. I'm stuck at a stagnant, dying regional and I'm too lazy and/or incompetent to get out of here. Wahhhhhh. Instead of taking any initiative whatsoever to improve my situation in life, I will spend my time on the internets, berating people for leaving their previous crappy, dying regional for another one with better upgrade times/prospects. Wahhhhhh. Everyone else should not accept job offers/quick upgrades because I am special and deserve to keep my cushy job at MY regional. Wahhhhhhhh. You're hurting my feeeeelinggggs.

Pilots at mainline decide what kind of equipment we operate. Pilots at mainline decide what they are paid to fly 737s & A320s, etc.. Choosing to fly for Mesa or not fly for Mesa has zero impact on contract leverage, QOL, or payrates at mainline.

The decision to start class with a regional comes down to:

1) Contract/pay
2) Bases
3) Expected growth/progression/estimated upgrade times

For whatever reason, Mesa's combination of 1, 2, & 3 is filling classes at the moment. It is insulting, selfish, and un-American of you to demand that other free-willed citizens compromise on their individual criteria for selecting a regional employer, all because you're mad about your own personal choices/trajectory in life.

Get over yourself--get over it and go do something more constructive with your time!

Last edited by flapshalfspeed; 08-20-2014 at 11:08 PM.