Old 08-21-2014, 08:20 AM
Jet87
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012
Position: OO RJ FO

Originally Posted by AlaskaBound View Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ Pilot

Lets put it this way, I wouldn't put myself nor my family in any of those 1-2yr upgrade regionals.

You must not be a pilot. You obviously don't understand how the industry works. Your response has nothing to do with the OP question.

With that said, asking that question on this forum will get a thousand different responses. Everyone has different experiences. I worked for a wholly owned and it turned out bad. The mainline partner can do whatever they want...not having to abide by any contracts. They can give and TAKE airplanes as much and as often as they want.
Quick upgrades are happening at several airlines. SKW and ExpressJet have long upgrade times while Compass, Republic, Mesa, etc have quick upgrades. Research their contracts or what their pilots have to say if you can't get your hands on a contract. If you're willing to relocate...that might be your best move. I'm a little biased..Compass has super fast upgrade times, a decent contract, adding 20 more airplanes over the next year and a half, and flowing 160 more captains to Delta. No brainer. But like I said...I'm biased. I have really enjoyed my time at Compass so take that for what it's worth.
Republic had a quick upgrade? That's news to me