Old 08-22-2014, 05:13 AM
NoSidNoStar
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by Red Forman View Post
Are they allowed to listen to me because I have also never worked a holiday at my corporate job and have friends at others that have worked very few holidays or none at all. Most of the guys I know that fly for airlines work a lot of holidays, and when I flew for one I worked every major holiday. But I'm sure you will tell me I don't know what I'm talking about or some other nonsense because it doesn't fit your narrative.
You worked for a regional and you were not senior enough to have holidays off. If you want another "airline vs corporate discussion" all my opinions, and most valuably the opinions of guys that have been in both words, refer to other threads.
Now for both worlds, I intend to compare career destinations: good corporates and major airlines, not 135 and regionals. These last two are only time builders, with very few exceptions.
So I recommend to read those expert opinions to who wants to start an aviation career.
You don't qualify as such. Neither do I, at least not yet.
You can testify for something that was asked in the opening statement, you hold a corporate job (which I assume you consider a good one) and you do come from the airlines. So yes, good corporate departments hire ex airlines, the other way around is more rare as only very few majors hire ex corporate.
Thank you for helping the thread without knowing, Red Forman.

Last edited by NoSidNoStar; 08-22-2014 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Spelling