View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Woodbourne
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Boeing

Precisely why I blame the parties previously mentioned. You did not want to work at wn and I did not want to work at air tran. For whatever reason, each pilot at at chose to not apply or was unable to get hired at southwest. It is commonly accepted that wn used to be very selective. You are correct that the majority of nh are old retired military. That's because very few young guys in this market believe that the explosive growth if we buy Air tran line is true.

Wn was considered by most pilots as a stronger and more financially robust airline than citrus. The financial piece is indesputable and therefore one of the main reasons I set my particular career path in that direction. My mistake was believing that the culture was important to Gary; it's not anymore. Not sure if it has been since the acquisition.

I knew what I was in for when I signed up, I'm just very disappointed in the hollowness and bs they tried to feed us with re to being Rsw pilots. I have zero elitism in wearing this uniform

As to putting all or any trannies behind me, I'm not even close to that naive. What I said before was I wish it would have gone to arbitration. A lot can happen with fences, loss of aircraft and holding companies