Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 02:07 PM
dawgdriver
Swimmin' in da pool

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by Uncle Wurmy View Post
Nailed it.

The point was that the way it was done let MG dictate the terms. This is really quite simple. The AAY pilot group is in a struggle to obtain a decent quality of life. At this point, that's going to involve playing by the rules of the game. From our point of view, we just can't afford to make mistakes, especially ones that can damage morale and motivation of the pilot group by opening up the suggestion of backroom deals. The topics discussed, and whether or not they were legal, have no bearing on this discussion. The real damage done will be in the form of lack of pilot faith in its leadership, and that is a view shared by many.

Was this just another Kabuki dance that we've fallen for?
Lack of pilot faith in its leadership...view shared by many...Playing by the rules... Back room deals… Legal...Kabuki Dance...Really??

Did you read my previous post?

Not trying to be confrontational, but did you take a poll on this? When you say "OUR point of view", do you speak for others? Maybe we work for different companies but virtually every pilot I speak with in FL fully supports our IBT leadership and the guys out west I know generally feel the same. I haven't heard any complaints about IBT reps speaking to management either.

There will always be those who will disagree with a given direction. That's healthy and normal group dynamics, and from my experience, IBT has listened. Then there are are those that will complain no matter what the direction is because they have an underlying motive.

I don't intend to get into a pi$$ing contest but if there's anything that will damage "morale and motivation" or keep us from pursuing a "decent quality of life", it's divisive posts like these that openly question the competence and integrity of our leadership. It’s not only unfair to those who volunteer countless hours busting their a$$ on our behalf, but it’s counterproductive to all of us. Instead of playing in to management's hands by venting on a public forum, pick up a phone and tell someone in union leadership. Better yet, since you appear to have your finger on the pulse, volunteer for a leadership position. I hear they're always looking for volunteers. I've done it before and swore off ever doing it again, for reasons stated above. For now, I'll stick with supporting their efforts and communicating my ideas/concerns to those that can actually effect change.

My questions are rhetorical so please don't feel the need to reply. If you do, for the sake of our mutual goal of improving our lives, just PM me and we'll take this discussion off line.

Last edited by dawgdriver; 08-22-2014 at 02:41 PM.