Old 08-22-2014, 11:22 PM
Gjn290
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by NoSidNoStar View Post
Read the other threads as far as the remuneration packages go.
10 years captains in majors clear 300k all day long.
That as stated by them, and the math is not hard to verify.
The guys mentioned above come from regionals, those compare to 135 jobs, not to corporate, they are time building jobs with very few exceptions, go and read the other threads, about majors and see the answers in there.
Nobody that worked in a major left voluntarily, and when they did, they admit was the best job they ever had. Go and read for yourself.
Somebody from Delta posted then even an FO can clear 300k there, but of course not without an effort.
Now, the 40 years seniority captains must be a very small sample, if even exist, but nevertheless remember that about 50% of the pilots in a major are captains. The 40 year was only brought in to compare the 40 year corporate.
The 4 times productivity has nothing to do with his father not having to bid.
It is just money made per day of working, comparing the two. Now compare to those captains, the top half of the corporate jobs in term of pay. Not even close. And the amount of pilots in majors compare to the pilots in corporate.
Go ahead and see where you have more chances to have better QOL, money, retirement.
And about safety, statistics are there for you to read. Amounts of crashes per flight hour. GA business jets vs 121. Knock yourself out. Nothing to do with the safety attitude of the pilots, but to the risk exposures, I hope it is not too hard to understand the difference.
But no, the kid' s father has the best job out there, he only has schedule flights, never goes to the airport when does not fly, he makes more money, and he is the safest pilot in the sky. I guess the dozen of thousands of major airline captains should try to be like him, too bad there is only one position like that, and he took it.
Dude, do you have a chip on your shoulder?

When the airline pilots are discussing there compensation they are divulging their total compensation package -- hourly rates, company 401K contribution, profit sharing, and benefits. FO's are not making 300K just off of hourly rates alone, if they are period, and if they are even making anywhere near that kind of money QOL is probably not the greatest and they are the most senior wide body FO at the airline. I've seen the threads you are talking about. I also disagree with 10 year captains making north of 300K, unless you mean they have been a captain for 10 years after sitting as a FO for another 10 years prior, therefore sitting atop the pay scale, with that 300K being the total compensation package.

That's a very bold statement you made about no one leaving a major ever. Do you know every pilot out there?

Airlines are a much more safe bet since one knows what to expect at them. Corporate on the other hand not so much. Contrary to what you believe there are corporate jobs that rival that of a legacy job.

Airline pilots are hourly, corporate are salary(usually). The per day average is a useless comparison. However, if you want to compare pointless information then corporate pilots are getting paid even on their days off!

When on earth did I say anything about my Father being the safest pilot in the sky? That is something that you have completely made up. When did I say he has the best job in the world and that everyone should try to be like him? Oh, that's right, I didn't. I simply put information out there to show what a good corporate job could be like and I'm sorry that has offended you.

P.S. Did you know if you separated corporate aviation from the weekend warriors of the GA world the statistics would radically change?

Last edited by Gjn290; 08-22-2014 at 11:45 PM.