Old 08-23-2014, 12:15 AM
NoSidNoStar
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by Gjn290 View Post
Dude, do you have a chip on your shoulder?

When the airline pilots are discussing there compensation they are diverging their total compensation package -- hourly rates, company 401K contribution, profit sharing, and benefits. FO's are not making 300K just off of hourly rates alone, if they are period, and if they are even making anywhere near that kind of money QOL is probably not the greatest and they are the most senior wide body FO at the airline. I've seen the threads you are talking about. I also disagree with 10 year captains making north of 300K, unless you mean they have been a captain for 10 years after sitting as a FO for another 10 years prior, therefore sitting atop the pay scale, with that 300K being the total compensation package.

That's a very bold statement you made about no one leaving a major ever. Do you know every pilot out there?

Airlines are a much more safe bet since one knows what to expect at them. Corporate on the other hand not so much. Contrary to what you believe there are corporate jobs that rival that of a legacy job.

Airline pilots are hourly, corporate are salary(usually). The per day average is a useless comparison. However, if you want to compare pointless information then corporate pilots are getting paid even on their days off!

When on earth did I say anything about my Father being the safest pilot in the sky? That is something that you have completely made up. When did I say he has the best job in the world and that everyone should try to be like him? Oh, that's right, I didn't. I simply put information out there to show what a good corporate job could be like and I'm sorry that has offended you.

P.S. Did you know if you separated corporate aviation from the weekend warriors of the GA world the statistics would radically change?
Yes, of course, total remuneration packages, nevertheless money in their pocket. No comparison. You can disagree with the 300k, but that is what they have posted, and the math is in their favor. If you don't believe them, tell them they lie.

I never heard anybody leaving a major voluntarily to go fly GA.
I am sure there must be some very rare exceptions. I am also sure they are regretting it. Regionals don't count. And still, I almost regret having left mine. Wonder why a lot of corporate pilots want to go to the majors, and not so much the other way around?

I don't know of many corporate jobs that rival the jobs in the legacies, unless you want to compare the very scarce positions as flight departments managers. The percentage of those compare to the total numbers of corporate pilots is negligible; now compare that to the 50% captains ratio in the majors. And even then, the legacy captains still make more, and have more days off.
Managers have no days off, even in the weekends, they must be reachable by phone, at the very minimum.

Yes. In corporate we get a salary. In airlines hourly rates, but also minimum guarantee, so also they can be paid without working. When the check gets in, both pilots had days off. And more of these in the major airlines then in the corporates. 15 days off is not a great line for a major airline pilot, yet in corporate is very rare, as most have much less, if any.

You did not say your dad is the safest pilot. I did. And I was intentionally sarcastic. Same for the rest about him.

I specifically stated the difference in safety between GA business jets and 121 is enormous, of course we don't want to count the weekend warriors. it would be ridiculous to bring that to the table. I did not, and I find funny you have to specify it.

Sorry if all this facts offend you. Sorry if you have to feel that, every time somebody talks about the differences between majors and corporate jobs, you take it as an attack to your job.
If it bothers you so much, may be you should self evaluate.