Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 06:27 AM
dawgdriver
Swimmin' in da pool

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Great quote, let's use it in our future recruiting efforts. Between that and the scrutiny our volunteers face on these forums, I'm sure we'll get plenty of volunteers to help run this union.

Seriously, I hope our volunteers don't have the time to read these forums. Their courage and commitment to make the tough calls and stay the course, in the face of unrelenting criticism, is truly admirable. Talk about a thankless job. Fighting the toughest management is hard enough, now they're fighting a battle on two fronts. I'm sure management appreciates the help. Sarcasm aside, I'm beginning to understand why our union leadership has such a tough time recruiting help and volunteers. Who needs this?

I doubt the same effort used to publicly question our union leadership will be applied if/when their calculated decisions prove to be effective. Time will tell, but I still believe this move to draw MG to the bargaining table carried very limited risk/downside. It might not pan out, but if it does, I won't be holding my breath waiting for acknowledgment on this website.

The time wasted on these forums publicly questioning our elected leaders would be better spent communicating directly with them. Otherwise we only hurt ourselves.