Old 08-23-2014, 10:38 AM
RI830
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Left seat on a kite

Originally Posted by NoSidNoStar View Post
RI830 must be laughing at my lack of self-restraint...
I could not resist, I failed, the APC addition made me into a post junkie
NoSid....APC is like legal crack! You just can't quit!

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread.

Your tone and passion come across a "know-it-all, harsh and cocky" at first. These guys who are new to the discussion will figure you out soon.

As for the Corp guys listed earlier including myself, we have the rare corporate jobs that won't see our departure until retirement or the good Lord calls us home. We may or may not make as much as that Legacy 777 CA, but money isn't everything in this world. Even though money does make this world go around!
The big renumeration numbers you are talking about includes money that these pilots won't see till retirement. You are including their 401K matching and 401K company contributions in the annual dollars. That is what is throwing these guys for a loop. Whether it all adds up to 350K-400K+ all depends on the pilots carrier, desire to work the system and seniority.

Now with that said......for every job that Red, Ri830, Galaxy and 7X have there are 10+ that suck large testicular units!
So is there an end to this all? Not sure...but what I think we can all agree on is that each guy needs to choose what is best for himself and family. These guys may or may not have the timing, connections or quals to get on the Legacies. Therefore, getting on with the regionals, entry corporate or 135 is what will build them up to where they want to be.

As for me, myself and I......I personally don't want to go to the Legacies even if it meant I would make more money. I don't want to deal with Unions, Management, whiney FA's, whiney Paxs and the other "stuff". I like the family I work for and the flying we do. I pay my bills and my kids get the vacations they deserve. For me to ask for more would be selfish and greedy as moving to 121 would take a huge hit in $$$ and QOL for years till you rebuild the seniority.
Now.....thats my opinion. That and a nickel will buy you a sour pickle.

Carry on Ladies!!!