View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 04:23 PM
higgi8f6
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DHC-8

Originally Posted by RyanP View Post
Clearly you are oblivious to our situation at Envoy. We are losing bases, lost the West Coast, losing jets EVERY month now for the foreseeable future. We just lost an entire fleet of turboprops. Along with another lost domicile in Puerto Rico that many called home, pretty much the entire Caribbean was lost last year. Our routes and bases are being slowly taken over by RAH, Mesa, Skywest, Expressjet and soon PSA and Compass. We are losing routes every month to others as we park airplanes. SJU closed, LAX completely taken over, ORD whor*d out, DFW infiltrated, with more bad news coming. Our MIA and LGA flying getting whor*d out to RAH starting next month. Next it will be Piedmont also coming into our bases while we get displaced and/or downgraded if they vote that in and undercut us like PSA did.

Your situation is not "special". We are under just as great of threat of non-existance as you are. We are Comair II according to management. From their own words.
Actually RyanP, all of this has already happened to Piedmont. We have sat on the sidelines and held the line while Republic, Air Wisconsin, and Mesa grew into CLT and PHL while Piedmont shrank. We have gone from over 100 planes and a confirmation of a refleet to only 37 aircraft. The difference is when the ATRs were parked and bases closed, you still had a job and a place to work. It may not be perfect but you weren't collecting unemployment. If they park the ERJs the CRJs are still on property and vice versa. That option isn't there at Piedmont. There is more to this decision than just a TA.

Now I know there are people here at Piedmont who have already made up their minds either way but to tell someone else how to decide without even understanding the economics or physical ramifications of that decision will be is insulting. Will you offer me a Captain position at Envoy with 10 years seniority when Piedmont shuts down because we took the sword for you? Like I said earlier, I'm on the fence and will make an informed decision once I have had time to read and understand what the TA says. And whatever decision I make I will stand by it that I made the right decision for me and my Piedmont pilot group, nobody else.