Old 08-26-2014, 03:59 AM
NowCorporate
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
I will say that jumped out at me, as it seems a bit excessive domestically for a single individual unless you are in a high-cost metro area.

I didn't hit Outback or fast food either, but the tab for two of us was typically less than $80 out the door with a solid tip and we didn't exactly eat garbage on the road. Granted we spent a lot of time in the midwest/midsouth where stuff tends to be less expensive, but our CFO would have hammered us if we routinely turned in $160+ receipts for dinner.
Working for a huge company, we are, unfortunately, limited by an expense policy. $75 a day domestic for meals, up to $200 at Intl' destinations.

Its not hard to live off of $75/day, especially is you shop hotels with breakfast included etc. Like Boiler and others, I'm not eating fast food and hate places like TGI Fridays. Overseas can be a bit tighter, locale depending. When you are confined to your expensive hotel it becomes limiting.

Where people go over is alcohol...but I really don't expect my employer to pay for more than 1 or 2 drinks with dinner anyhow (if that) If you're going to booze it up, do it on your own dime.