View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 11:57 AM
PoBugSmasher
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: ERJ 145 Right

EaglCL65, and others....

Thanks for the info, and the kind words.

Honestly, I already had the Eagle interview. Things went great, right up until about 9pm on the second day, when I got in the full motion Level D ATR Sim. I'm not proud of it, but, I have to admit; that thing ate my lunch. This was my first ever airline interview, and as a mostly VFR, CFI in Arizona, I have very little simulator time, (none full-motion) zero experience with a crosshair flight director, instantaneus VSI, RMI, and fast airplane. My scan pretty muched sucked. I had a feeling I was in for trouble when I realized that I was the only one in my interview group, who did not already have some good Part 135, or turbine experience.

Honestly though, the people I met at Eagle were great. They indicated that they wuld wave the 6-month waiting period, and interview me again ASAP, if I got some high performance simulator time. They suggested taking the "Jet Transition Course" at ATP. A nice theory, but there's no way I'm going to borrow $7K for that course, to get a $19K per year job, and try to commute to LAX. It's the principal of the thing.

In the meantime, I took another CFI job, which is actually salaried at over $30K/year with great benefits. They have some pretty decent simulators, that I plan to use to sharpen myself up, while I put a few $ in the bank, and keep trying.