View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 11:15 PM
pkan51
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2012
Default Zero to MEI with AllATP or USAA?

Hi everyone. I am planning on attending a 0-MEI flight program, so far I have found two popular programs ATP and USAA .

ATP Flight School: Airline Career Pilot Program Flight Training Timeline
Zero Time Through Certified Flight Instructor Multi Engine (MEI) Professional Pilot Program | 866-383-2400 | US Aviation Academy | 4850 Spartan Drive, Denton, TX 76207

I been reading a lot of great things about ATP however as everyone mentioned there is a deep price of $69,995 vs USAA's $49,500. USAA also seems like a big school but they seem to be a bit less organize with their information. ATP provides detail on everything for their program, while USAA's information for the program seems to be missing a lot of important information, such as timeline and schedules.

On top of it ATP is fixed cost, while USAA stated there can be additional cost, however there is $15,000 different between the two programs. Can someone me insight and experience on each program? Especially student life, time building after MEI and transaction to regional airline.

ATP stated the program is 180days however it is 7days a week 8 hours a day. I don't mind the workload but is there anytime for catch up with work if there is a part that I miss? I am not a slow person by any means but I like to be prepare.

Also quick bio about me 30 years old mid career change from the financial field. I am not wealthy but I can get by with financial my own training. In the last few months, I decided working in the financial field is not something that I wanted to do for my whole life, and I always wanted to be a pilot so I decided I will pursue a career being a pilot.

Please let me know which school is better or if there are better 0-MEi programs out there. Thanks a lot for reading my post.