View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 09:13 AM
Sooner91
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Future Flyer
Talking

Don't mean to dispute or try to argue with you worksweekdays... But half of what your saying isn't necessarily true. As far as instructors having no clue what they are doing, I'm just gonna say my instructor is very knowledgeable.

In regards to the call center issue and having to work there, that use to be the case where you would have to work in Jacksonville for a while. But now because they pay so crappy for flight instructors, they are having trouble finding enough flight instructors. Sure some locations have just the right amount so you may not be able to go where you want, but right now they are currently having the issue of not enough instructors.

I honestly don't know what I'll be doing after finishing flight school, hopefully instructing for ATP. But if not then I will definitely be looking elsewhere. ATP is expensive and it kind of sucks in terms of pricing, but when you compare it to other places I definitely think it has been worth it so far. I'm already at nearly 55 hours after 3 and a half weeks and am right now slated to be done in about 5 to 5 and a half months.

The guy who posted for US Aviation Academy posted a lot of good information, and part 141 may not be bad. But personally after graduating college I knew I couldn't wait 12 months and wanted to be done as soon as possible. Also training in brand new aircraft doesn't hurt, both of the Archers that I have trained in had like 70 and 200 hours max flight time.

It's a decision you don't want to rush (one that took me a couple months), but ATP so far has been good for me and I'm not afraid to share that information with others. Especially as there is usually such negative backlash with ATP on these forums.