View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 08:24 PM
Humboldt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 73

Originally Posted by Gomerglideslope View Post
So, no substantive response to my question (in that you didn't disappoint)... Nonetheless I will reply to your question: Moak's comments in the long run neither hurt nor help our cause. I have little interest in anyone's extemporaneous views about where we stand. I know where the market is, I know where the economy is trending, I have some sense of what wall street thinks of our enterprise going forward; I am familiar with the SWA contact , I know what AA/USA and UCAL pilots are doing, I know what the price of oil is, and the cost of a gallon a gas and a loaf of bread...I know what the unemployment rate is and I know that our current commander in chief is largely feckless and weak in the face of a grave international threat-but I digress (if only we had Romney or David Cameron at the helm).... None of the aforementioned will manage my expectations, nor degrade my estimation of what we are worth. In the end, there will be negotiations, threats, promises, and at some point presumably a TA. As always, I will evaluate whatever is agreed upon, and I will cast my vote. If I am with the majority I will be happy, if with the minority not so much...in either case, I shall endeavor to persevere.
Egg zacktolly.