View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 07:31 AM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by PilotJ3 View Post
There was a LOA proposal that was posted in EL sometime in the beginning of the year. It was a draft for a merger between Envoy and PDT. It had flow thru agreements and other things in it.

Like I said, how much damage would do a 355 people in a merge? Not that much, so for me it would be irrelevant. I rather have PDT guys joining us after a vote no, than bringing subpar wages and higher health care into the JBAC table.

Remember that concessions you give it won't come back, specially in a merger situation.

But that's just my point of view. I understand the "we will close you" sentiment and the fear of losing a job. Last decade it was possible and we saw it. Now this is a different decade, there's not a surplus of pilots going into the regionals.

It's your time to stand like you guys did before, now with the biggest regionals by your side. It's the only way to stop corporate greed.

Again, it's your guys decisions.
I agree

I've seen that proposed draft LOA and support the principle. Better to integrate than to have a new industry low created. Providing a lifeboat for eachother should be a goal on each ALPA property. I'm not sure about the PDT guys, but I'm pretty sick of being threatened with unemployment while my employer racks up $4 billion a year in profits while demanding concessions from pilots already on food stamps.

I get that it's a pay raise for all at PDT. What I don't get is setting a new industry low rate for an E175 when everybody else is flying them for:

RAH $116 (turned down contract offering $125)
SKW $114
CPZ $107
ENY $106 (same as CRJ700 rate from bankruptcy contract; new rates to be negotiated in 2016 for E175)
MESA $102 (CRJ900 rate is all I could find quickly)

The rate being offered to PDT is essentially the E145 rate at other regionals. .

Last edited by Cujo665; 08-31-2014 at 08:11 AM.