View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 10:53 AM
Raging white
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: 5-9 block, kill removing

Originally Posted by OldFlyGuy View Post
I struggled with this myself for about 15 seconds. Unfortunately releasing survey info to us also releases it to management. Do we really want to prep management for the next game? If our survey results were that no one gives a rats arse about scope under 100 seats would you release that info? Of course not: you would fight for every seat. Does management tell us exactly what their goals are? Of course not. Even if they released the info we wouldn't believe them. Even if ALPA released our survey results you wouldn't believe them. So there is no point and the release might actually harm our position in future negotiations.
Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
Not really. You have no idea what goes on in the negotiations room. You do not know the give and take that is necessary to provide the result you see in the form of a TA. All you want is ammunition with which to begin your next assault. The ONLY thing that matters is if the product is satisfactory to YOU. Then vote accordingly. For example. I couldn't care less if the 747 pays $75/hour. (Of course I am guessing that now you believe that the 330 should pay as much as a 747 since you will be taking a paycut in the next 4 years... and that is probably what you can hold) I am never gonna fly it, therefore it doesn't affect me. But it does matter to you. If they came back with a survey that is more weighted to my POV, and it got voted in, my guess is that you would be pizzed anyway. If it comes back and says that we need $400/hour, you will be happy, but fTB probably won't because everything he might want to fly will get paid a lot less, or we have to give up on scope somewhere that affects him... or... whatever. No. You just want a vehicle to "prove" that the union that you dispise so much is incompetent. You can clearly make up enough without any help from them.

Have a nice day Carl.
I'm not Carl. I'm not planning an assault. How come they won't let me see the results from the LAST contracts survey?? It's not an unreasonable request.