View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 11:19 AM
PilotHiring
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: B777 F/O

If the APC admins will let me respond....I'm a United 777 F/O who started this website (AirlinePilotHiring.net) as a hobby. I've put everything from a Layover database to interview gouge, KCM, jumpseat info, FAR/AIM and basically anything I think would be useful to us pilots. It's FREE and without advertising and was done to help out other pilots and as a fun layover project (kind of a a pay it forward proposition).

The statement that my website "steals copyrighted content and passes it off as their own" is blatantly false. I linked to APC's airline profiles in what's called an iFrame where the APC website was fully displayed in a frame within my website. When you click on NTSB reports, FARs, FAA MedExpress, etc. you'll see the same thing.....it's basically linking to another website without navigating away to make it more seamless for the user. Their website was shown in full with nothing added or subtracted and you could navigate their website just you would if you opened it in a separate tab.

This being my first website I now realize that some companies have heartburn with this type of linking because they may lose ad revenue by linking to their pages and bypassing their homepage. I did receive a letter from APCs legal department and I immediately removed the iFrames and changed them to text links. I also tried to contact APC to work with them but could never get a response making it hard for me to apologize and ask them how they'd like me to link to them. I hold APCs content in high regard and hope that next time they will simply e-mail me (my contact e-mail and a contact form are easily found on my website).

Last edited by PilotHiring; 08-31-2014 at 11:33 AM.