Old 08-31-2014, 07:43 PM
Chupacabras
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by AlaskaBound View Post
Says the greedy old geezer who should have retired years ago but didn't because he was entitled to work longer and make more money and stagnate the industry. Get over yourself old man. I hope you're long gone before I get to the majors. I couldn't stand flying with your type. If I had a dollar every time an old person said "that d*** entitled generation"...it's getting really old, and every generation says the generation before them was entitled, and you sound ignorant.

To the OP, I think there should be a flattened out version. Not necessarily paid the same amount but bring up the pay for the FO. Captains do have more responsibly and are the boss...they should get paid more.
Remember what makes you a captain, its not your skill, its when you got hired ONLY. Both pilots in the cockpit do basically the same job, and violations and certificate actions come in pairs, not just to the captain. There should be a flatter version so that this industry can hire otherwise you entitled captains might find yourselves in downgrade class earning pennies. Then, you would have a different perspective about the pay scale.

Even better would be if captain pay stayed the same and our greedy mainline partners paid more to increase FO pay to narrow the gap.