View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 06:38 AM
atpcliff
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Capt

Atlas HAS changed a lot, and for the better (except for some Polar pilots-some of the former Polar guys hate/don't like the changes, some are OK with it).

For example, when I started researching Atlas, prior to 2007, there was a base in Stanstead, England, and guys had to get there ON THEIR OWN DIME to start and end there trips. Just before I started applying, the company started airlining guys to Stanstead...then the base was shut down.

Atlas has gone through a bankruptcy. At the beginning, there was no union and no contract.

Read about Atlas and talk to people, and make your own judgments.

With the new contract coming up, Atlas will be better. How soon will the contract get done, and how much better it will be is HUGE deal....if it is a LOT better, a lot of guys here will stay. If it is MARGINALLY better a LOT of guys will leave, and I think we will have a big problem just staffing the current fleet, not to mention trying to expand.

The pilot shortage is just getting worse and worse, and will for a while...probably until this big bump of "Baby Boomers" all retire/stop flying. By then, maybe Asia will have figured out how to staff their cockpit without so much foreign help....if they have not, the pilot shortage will keep getting worse.