View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 07:18 AM
Bill Kilgore
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: Huey Gunship

Originally Posted by MaxKts View Post
When did we start hearing that? It wasn't when PiBS was thrown in our face. Go back and read some of the union emails about the pace of negotiations. It wasn't until recently that they started to admit the company has been dragging their feet since day one!!!!

I will go back and read them, I just don't remember hearing that things were "productive" and "proceeding nicely" when PiBS was brought to the table. I may be wrong I'll go dig up some old emails

Maybe we should have already!

If you think this will speed things up then I don't know what to tell you

So you consider walking out a tantrum? I consider it a negotiating tactic just like the company has used before.

Tantrum - yes. Was it productive when they did it to us before? You've probably been here longer than me but I don't recall . . .

How do we accomplish enough financial incentive to bring the company to the table when their stated goal is to reduce what we have already? In their minds they are saving money by prolonging this. They DO NOT want to give us any more than we already have!

On this last point you and I agree 100%. That's why negotiations are not proceeding IMO. The company has no desire to give us another penny, I just don't think walking out or giving them dirty looks across the table will change their tune.