Thread: 15-01v
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 09:28 AM
Really
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012

Originally Posted by XHooker View Post
Joe, I think the transition from longevity to pay bands occurred with Contract 97. The reason I remember this is because I was a new hire DC-10 engineer and remember the front seaters talking about the transition when the vote was going on and how it created a true "flush bid." I agree it's both conjecture as to the reason for the bands and irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
Yes, Xhooker, the way I remember it was Contract 97 was the same way you do from one of your earlier posts!! You asked how you remember Jan. 25, 1998? Well that just happened to be the day of one of the BEST Super Bowls ever!! Denver vs. Green Bay with Denver winning it ALL!! It also was the day before Delta was going to announce the Acquisition/Merger with CAL. (You can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I am! It's been almost 20 yrs and I'm having trouble remember 20 days!! ) The reason I stated Pay banding motivation was for future Mergers was because that is what I was told during the Road show. It wasn't to be an advantage like Pkcola keeps repeating over and over it was to make the integration easier. That was my understanding only, from said negotiators! There is a great article that may still be available in the Wall Street Journal archives that explained the DAL merger and how the pilots submarined it! You've done a good job I think explaining pay banding and the mentally of its use. I just think Pkcola is 3 french fries short of a full "Happy Meal!!" p.s.- Pkcola I just apologized for using the wrong term in prior post not for it's content! So you can quit quoting me now!! But, I think you already knew that!!