View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 11:45 AM
WTFover
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012

Originally Posted by embraer View Post
Hey guys...I posted in another thread about how I have an opportunity with Atlas coming up. I'm just trying to tie up a few loose ends in terms of information and any help is greatly appreciated.

How does living in a gateway city work? As far as I have been able to understand, Atlas will buy you an airline ticket to get you to your base in time for a trip. Is that right? Does that also count if you are on Reserve? I'm also assuming that DFW counts as a gateway city, correct?

I know that once you are on a trip it changes all the time in terms of where you go...and I really don't have a problem with that at all. My main concern is days off and time spent away from home. How much flexibility and control do you have at Atlas in regards to both of those?

Anyways, I am very excited about this opportunity and as far as I can tell Atlas seems like a great place to work for. Thank you for any help!
You have the basics of gateway and, yes, it does apply to a reserve assignment as well. With Gateway travel, there is also the issue of imputed income, but that seems to be hit or miss.

Once you bid for schedule, the days on or off are basically set, there is , currently, nothing which allows trading or dropping all or part of a trip.