View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 05:56 PM
CRM114
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012

Originally Posted by KF5OVP View Post
My point is that I prefer to go direct. I feel like if the iPad did fail, I still would have a sectional to look at, VOR,etc. I don't see the need in plotting courses. And I know how much gas I'm consuming. I can plot direct, I don't want to plot waypoints.
What am I missing? You can't plot a straight course line and fly a wind corrected heading using pilotage?

I think it's a fair question to ask if you have an instrument rating, if not, what's the big deal to practice skill that should fundamental? I'd also echo the comments about "it's their plane, don't like it go somewhere else". Either agree to the policy and abide by it, or don't and go somewhere else.

There are tons of ways to safely operate and aircraft, but If you're looking to work as a pilot at some point, get used to flying you're employer's way. You'll find it to be a very short career if you fly your way because you know best, or a policy is a hassle, or whatever. If that's truly your attitude, you can stay outta my cockpit also.

Last edited by CRM114; 09-03-2014 at 06:07 PM.