Gets Weekends Off
Ski Patrol
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2006
  • Position
    NU Guy
Quote: So, if this guy is so unhappy about his situation why does he continue to do it?

The video is not about ooooh look at poor old me the pilot. I believe he (or she) is trying to raise awareness to the general public. The video demonstrates just how screwed up our pay is and what sacrifices pilots really make for this obsession of a career............... ALPA should take note when joe pax sees a bunch of pilots picketing for more $. He thinks these guys are already overpaid for what they do xxx/hr when I only make xxx/hr. The video raises awareness plain and simple it needs more air time at all the flight schools IMO. If a guy still wants to be a pilot then go for it.

So why doesn't he just quit?????? The pilot has reached the point of no return he's in too deep and spent way to much $$$$ to start over now, besides the next upgrade or job is just around the corner. I recall a business class in college they had a term for this it's called "Escalation of commitment phenomena"

On another note the other two videos were cool. You kind of take a step back and say wow I'm pretty lucky to do what I do.