View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 08:49 AM
montecarlo
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by saturn View Post
Interesting how the only one that chose not to stand united with the rest of the regional industry at the beginning of this year was the Piedmont MEC. Now it makes sense.

Willfully perpetuating the pilots competing with pilots for aircraft scenario. Willfully lowering the longterm regional pilot compensation at ALL airlines in exchange for a short-cut for a few. Willfully putting pilots at other carriers in a position of losing their jobs and seniority for a quicker upgrade or job at mainline. YOU ALL COMPLAIN ABOUT GREED AT THE EXECUTIVE LEVEL, LOOK IN THE MIRROR! PSA & Piedmont are so d%mn greedy and entitled they chose to be the only ones unwilling to stop the whipsaw. Taking paycuts just for growth, at AEs (and whole industries) expense? You all would have been no different than the pilots who sold us all out with scope at the majors so they could keep their $, which mandated that the new generations of pilots stagnate at regionals and created this whole industry as we know it.

You realize why AMR is going to continue to separate Piedmont and PSA? Whipsaw. Don't be fooled by the different type argument.
Not everyone at PDT is for this TA................I don't know why PDT mec didn't sign this agreement....but it doesn't matter, to me, it was wrong not to sign PERIOD.
Older PDT guys have taken a beating through the years and some are just tired.......and see a pay rate increase....I see NO guarantees of that.....I see min fleet....an increase in health care cost which I see as huge ...because....no one ,at least on here, seems to think that PDT COMPANY health care cost will increase...and I believe will increase a lot.(Thanks Obama care)...so my percentage may stay at a certain level but the amount it is figured on will head north......so there goes the 145's "pay" increase.....
I see absolutely no guarantee of 175's.......I see PDT pilot group being used for extorting other pdt labor groups(and envoy, etc?) to accept new ta's that I'm sure will be substandard....in exchange for maybe 175's......don't ask me to participate in that.....
I see a flow through.......I've read all the posts on here and the way people throw numbers, and dates, and previous flows, and how fast and how slow, is numbning........the younger guys (maybe even some older) at PDT have blinders on, so if a deal with the devil has flow in it...they will not see the flames,or feel the heat....until later.....I don't trust any management statement that says maybe, or if ......
I can't vote yes for a ta that I condemned other regionals for signing onto over the previous decades...(.and that includes eagle, so I need no lectures on backstabbing)...............I won't do it....