View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 05:36 AM
flygirl556
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Back in the right

Metarhims has some good advice. Just wondering how old you are, do you currently live in a legacy base, what schedule are you on and does your wife work? Sorry I know these are a lot of questions. My husband works at Nja as well and we've talked about this a lot and have decided that for our current situation, he should stay at Nja and these were all the things we took into consideration. He has said however that if he was the sole bread winner, he'd definitely be looking to move on to a legacy.

Our situation is that I work, we live where we want to live and hopefully some day in the next few years I won't be commuting anymore. Also, he's getting his 4th week of vacation which as you know amounts to 4-3week chunks of time off throughout the year. Could he make more money long term at a legacy-ABSOLUTELY. But we could have a pretty happy life if he has 7 days off at a time with 4 weeks of vacation and nobody commutes and between the two of our paychecks we make enough and our retirement will be enough.
I don't know if that helps you any but that was our thought process.

Also as was stated above by metarhims, they aren't hiring 135 candidates right now in big numbers. Unless you happen to be very well connected, it might take a little while until the time comes where they are hiring Nja folks regularly.