View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 10:32 AM
744driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: B767 CA

Originally Posted by NYCPiLoT757 View Post
I regret it becuase I could have built the flight time needed to not eat **** at a Regional. Other than that its terrible. The long flights (and I mean LONG FLIGHTS), the not being able to maintain landing currency, the lack of manipulating the controls, the flying into crazy ass countries and flying in complete danger zones for which you are not compenstated for (at least not while I was there). The management not giving three ****s for the pilot group or any group for that matter. But by far its the being away for so long. When you are gone you are gone man......They will keep you out forever!!! Your wife and children WILL forget who you are!!! Its a laundry list man. I only regret it because I didnt get the experience required for me to get something better than what Im faced with now.... ;( If you like all of the crap I listed above than I'm sure you guys can enjoy it there.
I am likely one of the last guys on this planet to defend our current conditions and our current CBA...but it is certainly better than what you are saying above, and what you may have experienced during your tenure here.

Are you sure your frustrations are not misplaced?...I agree that the CBA in 2003 was our first one, and woefully inadequate (heck, the current one is mostly made of Swiss cheese), but a lot of guys stuck it out, and built time in the airplanes (744 and 747 Classic) until they felt they had landed a better gig.

However, if you left on good terms from Atlas, there may be a way to get back here, if that is something you wish to pursue. Just a thought?!!

Good luck.