View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 10:00 AM
leadsled
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by The Heckler View Post
Can any Kalitta pilots that fly out of Dover give me the scoop? Hours, schedule, condition of aircraft. Wondering if it is worth looking into.
135 sked is 15 on/6 off. Don't count on getting DOV only, they spread it around on a rotation with the crews between cargo charter and DOV, you'll probably start in the Lear first anyways. Falcons in good shape, most aren't RVSM but IMHO Dover will be cut back soon or gone completely the way it is now. Thankfully it isn't as busy as it used to be out there.

I took it very seriously for the 3 years I was out there doing it and still do even though it's been nearly 5 since I left it. I will always remember the cold touch of the dog tags as I confirmed the order we took the guys, the feel of the flag draped over each one of those caskets I touched as I brought them off the aircraft, I'll remember the faces of every widow and weeping parent I faced when I had no words for them after they thanked me for getting their loved one home. They paid the ultimate price and I will forever be thankful to them for their sacrifices they made. It wasn't just flying a Falcon off an AFB, it was the most important and meaningful thing I thought I would ever do in my career and that was the attitude I went into it with.

"Mgmt is evil for the most part (like any other airline). They try to get away with what they can."

I really hope the crews have a louder voice for safety now that 1224 is coming on property.