Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Jetlife
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by GunnerV View Post
Pay raises, better uniforms, quick upgrades, a CP who is an advocate for the pilots, management that is spending a lot of time and effort trying to make things better, new leadership that is trying (and succeeding) in growing the company. Hmm, doesn't seem like such a bad place to be to me.
135 freight is what it is. Before you apply to any company, conduct your due diligence and understand what type of job you are getting into. At the very least, understand the interview process works both ways. AMF was pretty straight forward with me when I went to the open house and interviewed. After that, indoc is a week long freebie for you and the company, if you don't like what you see by the end of indoc then bail out, no harm no foul. But don't go through the whole process, then ***** and moan that you are throwing boxes and not standing in the entryway greeting pax.
You sound like you are built for the conditions at AMF, and that's great. There are plenty of guys there that love it. Just remember that you are there to provide a service. The company doesn't exist to employ pilots, they are there to make money, and the employee's are directly responsible for that. . So don't take it up the behind and ask for more because company has given you the "honor" of working for them.