View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 11:56 AM
LeineLodge
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: DAL FO

Originally Posted by Purple Drank View Post
Your post is 10% on point an 90% red herring. No one is questioning the work and sacrifices made by reps. That some of them serve the bureaucracy or their personal agendas more than the pilot group's is a different discussion for a different time.

Despite their hard work and sacrifice, should they not be held to account or called out when they mislead or misrepresent their constituents?

It is my understanding that at least one or more of the C44 reps misrepresented their positions to DAL MD88 Driver on at least one occasion. Does Driver forfeit the right to raise an issue with his reps' integrity if so warranted?
Absolutely not.

I should qualify my previous post as "my impression/opinion" of 88 Driver's position. He continuously runs their names through the mud...if it's warranted then fine, but imo he would be far more effective if he aired his dirty laundry with them directly, instead of smearing them on here.

If 88 wants to share with us how my reps mislead him, I would be more than interested to hear it - PM is fine. It's been my experience, after dealing with all 4 of them personally, that they are standup individuals.

If he has information to the contrary, then I'd like to know. However (and this was the genesis of my previous post) if he simply doesn't like the way things have played out, it doesn't mean that he was mislead. Additionally, he shouldn't be surprised if they are less than enthused to hear from him, after he frequently, and publicly, slams them.

I stand by my statement that if he can show me a better way I will absolutely vote for him next time around. It just isn't as simple as he (or any of us, really) wants it to be.