Thread: Delta Bases
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 04:20 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by bamaguy View Post
I asked this over on the Poolie thread but it didn't get much traction. Maybe it's more appropriate here....

Aircraft preference question:

ASSUMING I have a choice....717, 737NG, or 320 to ATL? I live just under 3 hours from ATL and my priorities are stability and home time vs dollars.

How long are guys sitting reserve on the NG & bus before holding a line, and will that time be increased on the NG by the 757 displacements? I like the idea of BHM overnights in the 717, but it's a pretty substantial pay bump to the other aircraft. I just don't want to sit reserve for a year to get it.

Is there a way to find the hire date of the junior line holder on each jet to figure out how long to expect to sit reserve?

Sorry for the duplication. I should have known better than to post in the poolie thread just before an aircraft drop.
The simplest answer is the lowest paying equipment will generally be the most junior all things being equal. What you can't factor in is where crew resources will place block hours. The 717 is going somewhat more senior then it's pay rate. Better cockpit and extra time off from training May account for that. If getting off reserve is the priority I would bid either the 717 or 88. When new hire seat locks start expiring on the 717 it may go more junior.