Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 09:38 AM
frmrbuffdrvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
There is a reason why 98% of the AMF population is a revolving door.
Oh, I know this is true. And I have said that to people looking to come here. Ameriflight has always been for most pilots a stepping stone airline. And I believe that was always GR's intention.

I have interviewed and hired a LOT of pilots over my time here. And I have always given them the straight story of what they can expect for a schedule, for pay, for time to transition to bigger airplanes, etc. And then what torques me off is when they don't have the integrity to own up to their commitment and complain about the conditions that were spelled out to them.

I don't know. Maybe it's my age. Maybe it's my time in the military. But when someone gives their word to stay for a given amount of time, it tells me a lot about their character when they decide to break that commitment just because they decide something else is better. I don't care how bad they think things are.

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
So to see anyone stick around for a long period of time is short changing themselves.
I also don't believe you can reasonably make this kind of a blanket statement without knowing a given person's circumstances. And you certainly don't know mine.