Thread: USAF vs. ERAU
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2006, 03:49 PM
FuelJetA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005

Let me defend my stance by saying that I went to Riddle. I did a years worth of flight training. I am now a pro-pilot and can't, for the life of me, see the advantage. I say this from a lot of experience. I have flown with Riddle grads and other pilots from a variety of backgrounds and I can say without blinking that the only thing the Riddle pilot's had was an 'I went to Riddle, so, I'm a good pilot' attitude.

Case in point...
certain person whom I fly with from time to time went to Riddle. He does stupid and dangerous things on a regular basis. Each time, I call him out on it, and he has no defense or his defense is really flimsy.

He has been dubbed 'plow boy' b/c he cannot fly one damned leg without using the spoilers. He climbs at high angles of attack through known icing, he descends on the GS prior to course interception...but...never misses the chance to tell you he went to Riddle. YAY!

I have known others...
2 guys, both I know personally, were not prepared to work in aviation b/c Riddle let them leave without a CFI and gave them a degree in Aviation Science ot some waste of time degree.

One works as a ramp agent for USA3000 and has 300 hours and 25 multi, the other hooks trains together for Amtrak. YIPEE!

As for rickair7777, I don't mean to be argumentative, but I got a good education. I went to the University of Delaware. I was taught by some great authors and artists. I had challenging courses too. I came out with a BA in Criminal Justice, and a AA in Philosophy and another in Psychology. If my medical left, I'd have a job tomorrow, and it wouldn't be throwing bags into a A319.
I left there and went to a vocational school for aviation and got a CFI, CFII, MEI and got a job after a year of teaching...been flying ever since. But I could get a job doing a LOT of things, thanks to a diversified education.

If I had it to do all over again,
I would have left high school, went to a vocational training school for a CFI and worked through college. That way, when I left at 23, I'd walk right into the right seat of something high and fast. But, I did it the wrong way and it took til age 26. Go figure.

Last edited by FuelJetA; 02-13-2006 at 03:54 PM.