View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Talon1011
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Ex USAF, ex-ATA , currently Atlas Air 747 CA

With the exception of DHL flying, the best way to approach the flying schedule here is to bid your days off, plan on being out 17 days and pretend you are on reserve out in the system. The difference between this and actual reserve is that you aren't tethered to your phone and only have to check your schedule once every 10 hours. Perhaps in the next contract there will be language that will provide compensation for these changes but for now this is the reality. I don't mind the changes; it's part of the adventure for me. It does get under the skin of some folks, though. If any newcomers to this thread are reading this and haven't perused the previous years' worth of posts then it's very important to realize the following: Your schedule WILL change on the 747 (I can't speak to the 767 so you folks please chime in) and it WILL change often. If that will be a problem for you then Atlas will not be a good fit. If lack of rigidity in your schedule isn't a big deal then you will enjoy flying to lots of interesting corners of this planet with some pretty cool people.