Old 09-15-2014, 10:25 AM
MaxQ
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009

Originally Posted by thevagabond View Post
I came from a long stretch in the Part 135 world. You wouldn't have and never will hear me complain about pay and benefits I agreed to work for. It is dues paying for the vast majority such as yourself. As for those furloughed from other airlines, I agree, they've paid their dues and deserve a spot above you on the F.O. list.
Vag,
I come from 4 "closed shop" airlines, plus hired at an additional 2 who then stopped hiring (one I had a class date with, the other, a legacy , instituted a hiring freeze after getting to swim in it's pool,.. we'll call ya with the reinterview date).
Would love to see some mechanism to compensate for a previous airline, but the question is as to how?
Would it involve hiring favoritism? A higher senority number? Same senority but more pay? (good luck with that). Then of course, the age old issue of those who watch this unfold having kittens as someone moves in ahead of them on either the list or pay scale. Yeah, it would be a job with better pay, but then a lifetime of dealing with the ensuing animosity.
Unless it was institutionalised across the board, I don't see it happening. Pilots are in general too short sighted to think that they will ever someday be in the same position. (By the time it happens to them personally it is too late and the cycle continues...for at least as long as airlines in their current structure continue, but that's another thought stream)