Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 04:36 PM
GearOperator
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: Underpaid gear operator and seat warmer

Originally Posted by Temocil27 View Post
Don't believe anything they tell you. I am a former employee and nothing they told me to persuade me to take the job was accurate. Upgrade times of less than a year they said- people in my class still haven't upgraded and its been over two years. You can hold any Florida base out of training they said- I was awarded ATL out of training and flew less than 5 hours a month. I did the shuffle to MEI then GLH just to fly and build hours. I still couldn't hold any Florida base after I resigned a year and half later. I know things are different now, but understand the recruiters will tell you anything to sign you up. Good luck!

I completely agree with that statement. I am also a former employee of Silver. I was there for a year, however I was based in TPA, but was on reserve the whole year I was there. They told me 6month upgrade times, they were getting Saab 2000's, then I was told they were getting Q400's, then they told me they struck a deal with Delta airlines and they will be opening a base at my home town...etc. all to lure me in. I didn't know much at the time and I fell for it, all to discover hell. Their operations WAS terrible, Un-commutable reserve lines etc. However, the people you work with directly are awesome. The CAs, FOs, & FAs are amazing people to work with day to day.

Do not fall for the Kool-Aid upper management feeds you. Good Luck.