View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 03:25 AM
Oberon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 757/767

Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I know everything, about every one, I know where you worked, who you voted for and you mother's maiden name!

All your bases are belong to us!

My point was, there was a time, when you were 15, when an RJ MEC could have had all of their pilots on the Delta Seniority List.

But a few tools at the top of Com Air's MEC wanted 'Date of Hire' on the Delta list, so it didn't happen.

We were -that close- to eliminating the RJ whipsawing. But a few clowns at the top wanted to be 767 Captains over night and the industry has been paying the price for their greed ever since.
I'm not sure what that had to do with my comment but OK.

When I was at Comair I heard stories about guys who wanted a DOH integration with Delta but never thought they existed until I flew with one who was hired in 1977. As he was explaining his grand plan to me I asked him if he thought he should be a 777 captain at Delta despite making about what an MD-88 FO was making and already being maxed out. He just said "yes". For what it's worth, only one guy ever mentioned DOH integration with Delta. Most of the old guys didn't even want integration. This was 2005ish.

Was there ever a realistic chance of integrating Delta, Comair, and ASA? I'm not familiar with the history or maybe just forgot it.