View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 12:28 PM
cactiboss
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by ackattacker View Post
If the Nic is used to merge East/West, every West pilot can hold Airbus Captain on the LCC side including a 2005 hire.

If that list is then merged with AA using relative position and no bump no flush then that puts a 2005 West hire equal to an AA 737 Captain. I believe (though I'd have to look it up to be sure) that that's around the mid 90's hire date.

Do you think this is an outcome APA will push for? Guys who would have retired as top ten on the seniority list now would retire as number 700 due to the influx of younger guys more senior than them. Your attempt to deflect the conversation with comical personal insults doesn't change the basic facts of the situation. To be honest, I don't think it's entirely up to the APA, I suspect it's going to arbitration. But I wouldn't be so sure that the APA's motivation in the SLI dispute is going to be all that terribly different than USAPA's where the West group is concerned and that could have either a subtle or a profound effect, it remains to be seen.
The APA is free to argue the usairways pilots as a whole should be lower on the combined list, where the former awa pilots are has no bearing on that, it's POSITIONS not individual pilots that are being merged.