View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 01:21 PM
AlaskaBound
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: Just another RJ guy

Originally Posted by Nantonaku View Post
Again, this is not a sprint, it is a marathon. I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid but if your end goal is Delta and you lived in NY, I don't see a reason to go anywhere but 9E. Of course you make decisions on what is known today, Delta has put it in writing to offer a job to any new hire. At a time when Delta has 10,000 resumes on file that is huge. In the end that offer is just as good as any contract Delta/American has signed with Compass securing the flying you are currently doing. If you want to fly for Delta and you are not a military pilot, there is really only one path, work for 9E. I expect Delta to double down on this program this next year making it even harder for non 9E pilots to get hired.
I guess I don't understand how you can describe this as a marathon when you can't possibly imagine or know what will be coming down the shoot even a month from now. How is that a marathon? It's a sprint to the best regional at the time. Right now, sprint to Compass...sprint away form 9E. You can't marathon a regional airline. Impossible. Your assumption about 9E being about the only way to Delta in a year or so is far fetched and a little comical. The ETD is a slap in the face and a disgrace. No respectable regional pilot can say one good thing about that. It's all smoke a mirrors. Delta is cunning and ruthless. Don't get caught up in these lame programs that won't work. They serve a purpose for now...that is to get more guys in the door to fly the crappy 200s on reserve in NYC until they're all gone.