Thread: Spirit of NKS

NedsKid , 09-16-2014 10:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off
NedsKid
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2011
Quote: Andy B. expressed to me earlier today that, if elected, they'll run complimentary/back-to-back meetings in LAS and DFW (same agenda items). I like it.
Andy told you he'd do what's required by the ALPA by-laws, huh?

"The following shall be complied with ... Each meeting having
more than one session shall discuss the same items on the published agenda ..."

I'm not saying that I support the current LEC 77's decision to hold the vote in LAS only, and schedule it after final awards (an issue not unique to LEC 77, by the way), but a guy saying he'll follow the rules he's required to follow is hardly revolutionary.

This is your cue to point out that publishing the budget is required by the bylaws too.

Is someone going to actually campaign for these positions, or is everyone going to say nothing, except CB? The website is so generic - I'll listen, I'll communicate, I'll be the voice of my pilots - hard hitting stuff, right there. How about you take a look at Heide Oberndor's website and take some stands on something, guys?

As far as I can tell, a couple guys who are not running for anything are working a smear campaign against the current LEC 77 Chair and Vice, plus the MEC leadership, none of whom are running for a currently contested position, and implying that a link exists between the candidates actually running simply because these pilots running are currently volunteering for Spirit ALPA. Meanwhile, another guy is single-handedly carrying on an attack (to put it mildly) against a fellow Spirit pilot.

Publishing the LEC 77 budget is not something worth getting excited about (anyone seen the budget for any other LEC, including 109's?). Running for your first office at Spirit, or ever, is hardly a great reason to vote someone in to office either. Are any of the candidates (other than CB) actually going to show us what they stand for, rather than have others tell us all why the current LEC and MEC reps (who, again, aren't running) are NOT good at publishing budgets, or why the grievance committee (also not running for LEC 77 electable positions) doesn't communicate?

After reading 10 pages of 'the current LEC Chair and the current MEC don't publish budgets, and ... well, they're clearly up to something no good, though I have no proof, so, yeah, vote for my guy' - I just can't take any more of it. What do any of the candidates (the guys actually running) stand for (other than publishing the LEC budget)?