View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 09:36 AM
tom11011
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Almost but not quite...

If you failed a 141 stage check that would not be known to the FAA (at least not yet as far as I know). But if an employer contacted your old school, it might come to light.

Here's what I observed: My flight school tended to hire their own graduates. When they applied for airline jobs, the school would get PRIA requests. The minimum-wage chick who answered the phones knew nothing of FARs or PRIA, so she would just photocopy the CFI's ENTIRE record, including his 141 TRAINING records from his student days, and send that to the airline. Not correct, but typical. If you never worked for the school you trained at, then there will be no PRIA with that school.

Actually the easiest way for an interviewer to spot a 141 EOC bust is to look at your logbook. It's important to recall that in 141 the CFI who signs you off to take the EOC CANNOT also be the examiner...

9/16/20XX: Dual flight with CFI John Doe, various maneuvers logged.

9/17/20XX: Dual Flight with CFI Joe Blow, various maneuvers logged.

9/18/20XX: Dual flight with CFI John Doe, certain maneuvers logged.

9/19/20XX: Dual Flight with CFI Joe Blow, Logged completion of stage check XXX, Certificate Issued.

If you can't see what obviously happened here, I'll spell it out. Final prep flight and sign-off with John on 9/16. EOC on 9/17 with Joe ("incomplete", ie failure), re-training on 9/18 with John on the failed maneuvers, retest on 9/19 with Joe (passed this time).

If you're going to lie about 141 checkride busts, be sure to take a razor blade and carefully cut out the offending page from your logbook :sarcasm:
Those aren't failures, those are simply opportunities for growth. Its all in the way you answer things.