Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Kellwolf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by rightside02 View Post
What ya ' ll think ? Good or bad Dave is gone ? Shareholders are happy cause they think they ' ll get more returns and less for the passengers etc. Charge for first bag type of income
I think it's more good than bad. Dave was on his way out, and after he reacted after the ALPA vote, I think he needed to (at the very least) step away for a while. Rather than be a leader that didn't get the outcome he wanted, he never missed an opportunity to take pot shots at the fact we voted in a union in either an e-mail, a JTTP or being interviewed on Bloomberg. What he SHOULD have done is made a statement akin to "That's not what I would have liked, but what's done is done, and we need to come together as a company to move forward towards our mutual goals." Instead he was acting like a petulant child that wanted to take his ball and go home because he lost.

I think bag fees are coming, and I'd even be alright with charging for the faster Wi-Fi. What I DON'T want to see is cramming more rows into an A320 at the expense of legroom. It's one of our main selling points, and I think trying to sell 12 more seats would hurt us more than help us since Delta will just fire right back with reduced fares or an ad campaign we can't match. Once we start to de-value our product, it's downhill from there. Wall Street wants us to be just like everyone else, but we don't have the route structure or the decades of loyalty a Southwest has nor do we have the fall back on international routes that Delta, American or United have. So, we can't be like those guys. At least until we get bought.....

Although based on the stock price, it sounds like Wall Street wasn't impressed.