View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 06:02 PM
MaxKts
Part Time Employee

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Dispersing Green House Gasses on a Global Basis

Originally Posted by kwri10s View Post
The purpose of the correct and current lanyard is to tell quickly and easily who is supporting the negotiation team. If for some reason you still don't grasp the concept, try this explanation.

Not wearing the issued lanyard, but by saying "I support the team, a stupid lanyard does not change my support level." Or, "I'm a team player, I don't need a lanyard to tell everyone." You are missing the entire point.

Ever been to an NBA, NFL, College sporting event where the home team is promoting a "white out/black out/blue out" or any other color event where they want all the fans to wear the same color shirts? All the real fans wear the requested color. Let's say you go to a Miami Heat game where they are doing a white out event and instead you wear your Lakers jersey because you are from LA even though you are cheering for the Heat. Do you think the argument, "I'm supporting the Heat, I bought tickets, food and beer. Who cares what jersey I wear, you know I root for the Heat." will really float?

We are the home team and we are supporting Contract Now. Show your support by wearing the home team colors!
WOW?

I guess you haven't been following the lanyard part of this thread very well! Let me give you a quick update: First we get a message not to wear a lanyard and ID for informational picketing and now they say go ahead and wear the lanyard but no ID. Nothing to do with showing whose side you are on!

I think we all understand the part about wearing a lanyard to show team support. Now give me an "A" give me an "L" give me a "P" give me an "A" ..... RAH RAH RAH!