Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 08:17 PM
kimba
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2014
Default Do your research, how?

Originally Posted by Phxdvt17 View Post
I would like to think pilots (or at least most) would exhibit a little bit of intelligence by doing their research before applying to a job. No Kimba I'm not saying you're not intellegent so don't take it that way. Is what I'm trying to say is that there was a point and time where people would gather intelligence on a company before applying to it. These forums serve as one, but not all ways to gather information on a possible employer (in this particular forum all you hear is banter and the negativity so take the content here with a grain of salt).

I'm definitely not the most intellegent person, getting my masters degree proves that. However, before I started at AMF I took every step possible to know what I was getting myself into. I knew before signing that doted line that I was signing up to fly SINGLE PILOT PART 135 CARGO OPS. It's a tough gig, no doubt! Though seriously what were you expecting? Did you expect to make rolls of cash flying a BE99? Did you really expect life to get better just because you got an upgrade into a type rated aircraft? If society has driven the pay so low at the regional level that pilots have to live off of food stamps, did you really think that life would be that much better flying rubber dog crap in a turbo prop to places like Safford AZ?

AMF is not a new company, the pilots going through the "revolving door" is long and it's been in constant motion for years, for a multitude of reasons, and it's not going to stop now. Did the recruiter give you a bunch of BS? Of course, it's their job! Just like everyone has a job to do. I didn't start at AMF until I was 29, spent 6 years in the military, and 3.5 years at Boeing which is a company that I wouldn't send my worst enemy to. Do you think their recruiters told me everything about the job or just the good stuff? I give you one guess.

Do your research, do not limit it to the forums or just the recruiters. I'll say this, I'm with Buff driver, if you sign the line do your time. Then if you don't like it, get out.

Do your research is exactly what I did and what everybody should do, but there were a time when people were honest and did not BS pilots, so that they could gather their intelligence and take and educated and informed decision.
Today, it looks like this is not possible anymore.

On this forum I have noticed that everyone takes for granted that a recruiter's job is to BS people! And than they notice a 98% revolving door? No wonder!

If this forum is not reliable 100%, which I agree, and you don't know anybody that works at AMF, the only thing left is the recruiter!

No I don't think is ethical or professional to BS your future candidate and It shouldn't be considered normal that a recruiter just lies to you.

As far as the money goes, my comment was following the several others talking about the low pay at AMF.

By the way, going from AMF to a regional recently I've made more money (4-600$/month), I won't be rich but this is another BS that they tell you.
At AMF you won't make more money than a Regional and you won't skip it to go straight to a Major!

Do your research people!