View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 09:20 PM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by kwri10s View Post
The purpose of the correct and current lanyard is to tell quickly and easily who is supporting the negotiation team. If for some reason you still don't grasp the concept, try this explanation.
Holy crap Francis ......it was a joke. The purpose of those is a chuckle, laugh or smile. Or maybe to just lighten up the mood.

Not wearing the issued lanyard, but by saying "I support the team, a stupid lanyard does not change my support level." Or, "I'm a team player, I don't need a lanyard to tell everyone." You are missing the entire point.
Guess you missed the part where I said I would be wearing the lanyard.

Ever been to an NBA, NFL, College sporting event where the home team is promoting a "white out/black out/blue out" or any other color event where they want all the fans to wear the same color shirts? All the real fans wear the requested color.
You mean like the requested blue blazer, pants, white shirt, tie and blue hat we'll be wearing?

Let's say you go to a Miami Heat game where they are doing a white out event and instead you wear your Lakers jersey because you are from LA even though you are cheering for the Heat. Do you think the argument, "I'm supporting the Heat, I bought tickets, food and beer. Who cares what jersey I wear, you know I root for the Heat." will really float?
My God, you know I don't think it would really float, now that you mention it. I guess that's why I'll be wearing the REQUESTED BLUE BLAZER, PANTS, WHITE SHIRT, TIE and HAT UNIFORM!!!!!!! like everyone else.
Do YOU think the Miami Heat players, opponents, fans on TV or anyone else paying attention is going to notice if anyone in the sea of fans supporting them in the REQUESTED UNIFORM is wearing something else around their neck? No - they won't. They would have enough common sense to realize that the fans showing up at the same place, wearing the exact same uniform, doing the exact same thing, at the exact same time is sending the required message loud and clear to those it's meant for. But it will give some "know it all" fan something to lecture those around him about during the commercial breaks.

We are the home team and we are supporting Contract Now. Show your support by wearing the home team colors!
You mean like the REQUESTED BLUE BLAZER, PANT, WHITE SHIRT, TIE and HAT??...........oh yeah and lanyard now too.

BTW, are you gonna help me blow up the inflatable rat 'cuz I know a little balloon makes me light headed - that thing will probably kill me.