View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 07:52 AM
PicklePausePull
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: MD-11

Originally Posted by kwri10s View Post
The purpose of the correct and current lanyard is to tell quickly and easily who is supporting the negotiation team. If for some reason you still don't grasp the concept, try this explanation.

Not wearing the issued lanyard, but by saying "I support the team, a stupid lanyard does not change my support level." Or, "I'm a team player, I don't need a lanyard to tell everyone." You are missing the entire point.

Let's say you go to a Miami Heat game where they are doing a white out event and instead you wear your Lakers jersey because you are from LA even though you are cheering for the Heat. Do you think the argument, "I'm supporting the Heat, I bought tickets, food and beer. Who cares what jersey I wear, you know I root for the Heat." will really float?
I can guarantee you that that is all the team owner cares about! So, “yes," you are supporting the team in the most direct way!

On the contrary, what good does it do to wear a lanyard and fly disputed pairings? That’s like the guy who wears the appropriate team shirt for the game, but sneaks into the arena, brings his own snacks and drinks. Is he really supporting the team? I don’t think the owner would agree so.