Thread: VSP payback
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 12:16 PM
flyfish
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Tanker's

Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
I still don't get it...Are the 180 days of medical just luck, or are we entitled to it? This is a big deal! My wife and I just learned we have a new baby on the way...4 months after my VSP separation!

My time control was off on this one.
Tarheel, I know your position well. I have a 6 month old and knew at the time of applying for VSP we would be in this situation. The 180 days of medical was a crucial part of our decision. Just today I was informed officially by my MPF, they have changed the rules.

I'm going through the out-processing 'invent-the-wheel' game right now. Answers from AFPC directly and from their site today...."180 days health care is a negative." However, today on the phone, she (the afpc gal) did admit that the program initially offered the medical coverage and later changed. If you can track down the date that you applied, hold on to it and consider your options.

I have a letter drafted for my congressman. I'm hoping but not holding my breath that he will be able to help. It was part of the original deal so consider getting your congressman involved. If it was IBM, there would be lawsuits all over the place. Here's a website to help locate your congressman. http://www.house.gov/writerep/ I called mine today and was surprised at how great they were to talk to. We'll see if it does any good.

Does anyone have any documentation of the 180 days of Medical Coverage to share? It was not in the original message. I was only ever briefed it and I could swear it was on their website in the beginning.

Good Luck,
Fish