View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Paid2fly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Question

Originally Posted by Aksleddriver View Post
Rickair, stated it best, add to that a few more complexities of the regional world that all add up to a stacked house no win (in the short term /mid term for pilots) is the fact that the system knows that it will always have an ample supply of pilots ready to play the game, and it's not just the airlines, anyone out there that actually thinks that the unions actually care about the pilots at the regional level need to quit drinking that cool aide they play the regional game as a test ground for the majors just like the majors do, nothing wrong with either as long as you realize that's what they are doing, a great model to look at would be minor league base ball, the only way pay will ever change is supply and demand, when young people realize that they are far better off getting that engineering degree then becoming a pilot. If your a new FO us the system just like it uses you, do your time and move on, the regionals are a great stepping stone not just for the majors but also 135 (yes 135) and cooperate world, both of which you will make more $ my story, I have to play the regional game to get enough turbine time to be insurable for a company that I can fly seasonal with. Once I get that the regional world has served its purpose for me, so trust me guys, if your smart enough to fly in the regional world your smart enough to get a job in the real world probably making four times the income

A seasonal flying job that you can make over $400,000??????